Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pioneer Woman's Grilled Chicken & Pineapple Quesadillas

I was getting tired of making things from the March issue that I didn't love, so I turned to the Pioneer Woman, who has never let me down yet. And hooray! At last! Dinner was fantastic!
 Nothing was very difficult to do, but since I have a little George Foreman instead of a big grill pan, it took a while to grill all the pineapple and chicken. My only substitution, if you can even call it that, is that I used different optional spices than she did. I didn't have "slap ya mama" Cajun spice, so I tried some veggie grill mix and paprika, which worked out very nicely.

Actually, Dave made a substitution, too. He used BBQ sauce on half and wing sauce on the other. He liked the BBQ sauce best, but that didn't stop him from doing both on his second quesadilla too.

 This one's mine before I put the top on. You can tell it's mine because I was nervous about the jalepeno slices and only put them on half. I shouldn't have been nervous--taking out the seeds made the heat very manageable, and I liked the crunch. (I finally found the setting on my camera for close-up pictures, can you tell? Significantly less blurry!)

And this is the end product. I loved it--this is definitely going to go into my "should make again" file. I say it gets 4.5 stars, and Dave thinks it gets at least that. My only recommendation is to be sure to slice the pineapple thinly--some of the fatter chunks were a little overpowering. But overall, it was great. I can't wait to try it with homemade BBQ sauce instead of jarred!

Oh, and here's the recipe. I think you guys should give it a shot, too.

1 comment: