Last night we made the butternut pasta as well. It was delicious! We opted to use cheddar because gruyere was about $12 for a little 8-ounce package, but I thought it tasted great! We also put 3 or 4 slices of bacon into the half-batch we made, which I thought made it especially tasty.
It ended up being quite a project, especially since I burned the squash and had to start over. I might have ended up with too much squash, because I cut off the burnt pieces on the old batch and threw them in with the new ones. We would have liked more noodles and spinach to balance out the sweetness of the butternuts, maybe if we'd actually used kale it would have offset it better. I also used garlic powder because I was out of real garlic, but it worked just fine.
Anyway, it was super tasty in spite of the setbacks, and it will definitely be my go-to butternut squash recipe in the future!
I forgot to take pictures during the process, so here' s a picture of the leftovers I had for lunch:
No comments:
Post a Comment