Man, this was good soup! I unlightened it a little by adding bacon (and extra cheese, of course!) and putting a dollop of sour cream on mine, which made it even better! Even without the additions, I thought it had a great creamy texture that was really delicious.
I was a little worried about it because Nathan's not a big potato eater, but he said he wouldn't mind at all if I make it again. I'm sure I will, because it was one of my favorite recipes so far. I especially love it because it's not as involved or time-consuming as some of the others have been. I give it 4.5 out of 5 stars, and Nathan gives it 4, so I guess overall it scores a 4.25!
I was glad to use my green onions because they were getting out of hand! I learned on Pinterest that you can put green onions from the grocery store in water and they'll grow faster than you can eat them! Just keep trimming off the tops whenever you need them! I'm going to try the same thing with celery and see if I can get an infinite supply there, too!
Hi Dana - I'm not sure I have your e-mail address - mine is
ReplyDeleteg_ganster@sbcglobal.net
The pots are called Hypertufing - it is a combination of cement, perlite,
fiberglass - and a couple of other things. There are tutorial and recipes online. I didn't keep my instructions - but got all my information online.
The product has to cure - and it takes some time to get to the finished pot - but they were really fun to make - When I get a chance, I'll google it again and send you a couple of links! Hugs, Gayle
I've been doing the green onions too. Fun! But my roommates are confused about how it works--they've been using the white part too. I guess I'll have to explain to them that the point is that they grow back, and you can't do that without the root.
ReplyDeleteAlso, your soup looks and sounds delicious. Maybe I'll try it!